In 2007, I transformed my life!
I faced my fears, developed self-trust and followed my dream of living in the sun and moved to the Caribbean! I lost 20 pounds and loads of stress!! My life was a good life, one that many people referred to as “perfect” but it didn´t feel perfect and I knew intuitively that I needed something different. I tried so hard to make it work but I knew I could no longer continue down the same path. I found my voice and within six months, I was on a plane to the Caribbean!
Several years have passed since I began this journey and I am truly joyful! I have discovered my life purpose and am living accordingly. I ended the struggle.
I regularly stop in awe of the amazing power we have to create a life we love!
My life’s purpose is to inspire and empower others to follow their hearts. Professionally, I have accumulated over twelve years of experience aligned with helping people create a life they love but I have been encouraging others to share their divine gifts for as long as I can remember. The world really is waiting for you to contribute your strengths with others! You are unique and we need YOU!
My passion is to help people discover their life purpose, to let go of their fear of change and believe in their dreams. To give you a bit more of an idea of my approach, I share with you here some of the training I have completed:
• Life and Life Purpose and Career Coaching Certificates
• Jack Canfield’s Law of Attraction Coaching Program
• Masters of Science- Rehabilitation Counselling – M.Sc.
• Human Resources Management Certificate
• Bachelor of Arts – Sociology – Dean´s List recipient – B.A.
• Social Services Worker Diploma – S.S.W.
• Reality Therapy – Choice Theory Counselling by William Glasser: Basic and Advanced Certificates
• Preventing and Managing Aggressive Behaviour Certificate
• Team Building Certificate
• Immigrants Breaking Through Employment Barriers Certificate
• Common Assessment Certificate
• Teaching English as a Second Language Certificate
• Addictions Studies
International Volunteer Experience:
I arrived in late August 2007 to volunteer for 12 weeks to teach English to children in an impoverished area of Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic and ended up staying for 2 years!!
I would travel over an hour each way by public car and motorcycle up a semi mountain to the school. It was exhilarating! We lived in a small apartment with one bedroom and one bathroom shared by 6 international women! The single room had 3 bunk beds and without a TV, we sat religiously on the patio, talked and bonded. Surprisingly, we rarely complained.
This experience changed my life in profound ways and has clarified the way I want to be in the world. If you want to learn more about how you can volunteer internationally, contact me and I will share more information.
Kelly is a proud member, in good standing, of the International Coach Federation and has pledged to uphold the ethical standards set out by the ICF.